Congress’ research service endeavours to meet the strategic imperatives of; accountability for outcomes, quality improvement of services and programs and listening to the people it serves.
Congress partners with research institutions to conduct research in core business areas of:
- Medical Care: This research relates to the diagnosis and treatment for management and prevention of Aboriginal illness and disease;
- Social and Preventative Care Programs: This research examines links between family and social environments for prevention of illness and disease; and
- Actions on Social Determinants: This research examines the impact of housing, education, employment and access to justice and empowerment on Aboriginal health.
Congress research partnerships:
- Conduct collaborative world class research that translates to development of a comprehensive evidence base to guide effective practice and policy;
- Develop sustainable research capacity in health and medical research especially within the Aboriginal community controlled primary health care sector;
- Promote best practice approaches to clinical service delivery and public health;
- Promote engagement of Aboriginal people in research, health and healthcare; and
- Adhere to standards of the Central Australian Human Research Ethics Committee.
To view a copy of Congress' Research Register including current, past and approved research projects click here.
To prepare and submit an application for research with Congress, download and complete a Congress Research Application here.
All Congress Board approved research projects must submit a six-monthly progress report and a final report, please download the form here.
Submissions and enquiries should be sent to email@example.com four (4) weeks prior to the Research Subcommittee Meeting.
|2017 CONGRESS BOARD MEETING DATES|
|Research Submission Deadline||Research Subcommittee Meeting||Congress Board|
|Monday 23 February||Monday 13 March||Thurs 13 April|
|Monday 1 May||Monday 29 May||Thurs 15 June|
|Monday 26 June||Monday 24 July||Thurs 10 August|
|Monday 21 August||Monday 18 September||Thurs 5 October|
|Monday 16 October||Monday 13 November||Wed 29 November|
NB: Dates subject to change
|2017 MEETING DATES FOR REMOTE BOARDS|
|Research Submission Deadline||Board Meeting|
|Thursday 23 March||Thursday 20 April|
|Tuesday 23 May||Tuesday 20 June|
|Tuesday 4 July||Tuesday 1 August|
|Wednesday 13 September||Wednesday 11 October|
|Wednesday 1 February||Wednesday 1 March|
|Tuesday 25 April||Tuesday 23 May|
|Tuesday 25 July||Tuesday 22 August|
|Tuesday 2 September||Tuesday 3 October|
|Tuesday 7 February||Tuesday 7 March|
|Tuesday 4 April||Tuesday 2 May|
|Tuesday 18 July||Tuesday 15 August|
|Tuesday 19 September||Tuesday 17 October|
|Tuesday 14 February||Tuesday 14 March|
|Tuesday 11 April||Tuesday 9 May|
|Tuesday 13 June||Tuesday 11 July|
|Wednesday 20 September||Wednesday 18 October|
|Thursday 23 February||Thursday 23 March|
|Wednesday 31 May||Wednesday 28 June|
|Wednesday 2 August||Wednesday 30 August|
|Tuesday 26 September||Tuesday 24 October|
NB: Dates subject to change
For more information, contact the Research Coordinator on (08) 8958 4898 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org